Yesterday I decided to satisfy myself that the figure I had seen – 450 million Unemployed worldwide – was correct.
I took the 262 Countries/Territories, their Populations and the latest available Unemployment Rates for each and found to my horror there were more that 582 million Unemployed. Worse still, many of the Rates were not current and I am sure you read the news of the huge numbers of Unemployed in almost every country due to Covid-19 in 2020.
So now we have these new, longterm Unemployed workers and Families slowly dropping into Poverty (which I calculated as over 21% of the world’s population before the Virus hit).
Imagine all the lost work, all the lost effort 582 million workers could add to the Global Common Good!
While I was busy with these calculations, the world population continues to grow, at the same time the necessary Growth to support Capitalism shrinks daily as we struggle with a Second Wave of Covid-19.
Here is an interesting Calculation:
The world is growing in population, two new members every second. That translates into 7,230 new babies every hour, 173,516 new world citizens every day or 63,333,333 more of us on average every year for the next 30 years.
Lets say, it would take three workers three months to construct one House for a small family.
Lets further assume an average family size of say three members in each. This means we would need 5,277,778 workers for one year to construct new houses for all the New Members that year.
But there are other areas where we need workers: food, water/waste, clothing, education, health care, in short, we need more workers to cover all the Basic Needs of each world citizen.
In this case I will use 43% of the workforce, much less than the percentage used by many developed nations but, I believe, sufficient to meet all the needs (Not Wants) of a Small 1,000 member community.
Now we find house construction takes about 19% of the workforce, leaving us 81% or 21,955,556 workers left to handle growing and raising Food, generating Energy, supplying the necessary products and the remaining Service Needs including Education, Medical Care, Maintenance, Spiritual, Entertainment and so on.
The New Sharing Village
Now, using our Small Village model, we find we need 63,333 New Small Villages each year for 30 years to house all the New members joining us.
If we use the strategy of computer programming and AI – Replication – we could easily complete preparatory Startup work and then build all the Villages in just Five Years, converting the currently untenable Dense (20,000people /km2 or more), Slum/Squattor-infested, Virus-generators we call Cities and Mega-Cities into 7,900,000 New Sharing Small, Safe and Sustainable peaceful places to thrive in, as we raise our Families respecting Nature, the Environment and our Diversity, with a wide variety of abilities, ancestry, heritage, culture, customs and spiritual beliefs.
A place for your creativity, inventiveness and ideas. The New Sharing Villages range from High Tech, No Tech and everything else in-between.
What’s coming soon I expect will be the Last or Final Depression, much worse than, we are told, worse than The Great Recession of 2008 (where Hermit the Writer lost an Internet Business with over 100 web sites), and perhaps even worse than the Great Depression of 1929-1939.
So far there are 177 countries either forecast to be (150), or are confirmed to be (27) in Recession today. Those confirmed include the USA, Japan, Canada, Singapore, South Korea, Australia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Mexico, Philippines, Spain and the UK.
Don’t leave this problem to Politicians and Governments for a Solution, unless you enjoy lining up three deep for the “free Soup Kitchen”.
Please contact us to get Involved, to Help.
Go to Village Sharing then click Contact at the top of the page, fill in your contact (email) info and then click the Submit button. That’s it!
List of Countries and number of New Sharing Villages (NSVs) needed
The ONLY Solution